Friday, May 20, 2011

Diagnosis still pending...

Yesterday I got a call from the neuro's office, the nurse told me his biopsy came back and hes negative for myotonic dystrophy. This is a type of congenital myopathy the dr thought he may have. I was confused. I told the nurse that the biopsy was pending the mitochondrial test not the myotonic dystrophy, that this was a blood test. She told me no, that the myotonic dystrophy test was with the biopsy. Then after I still questioned this, and asked what the result of the mito test was, she said she would check and call me back..
So the nurse called back in about 10 minutes, hmm, I was right (as usual lol). The myotonic dystrophy was the blood test, she said that this is negitive, and she found the finalized results of the muscle biopsy and the results for the mitochondrial test was back. She said she would have to talk it over with the dr before she could give me the results. Of course the dr is in surgery all day so she would have to call me back tomorrow.
I asked if she could just read me the results from the report, she wouldn't have to explain what they mean. So said sorry she couldn't.. So I anxiously awaited for her to call today. I decided to give her a call at 2:32pm, guess what the freakin answering service picked up, the office closes at 2:30pm! I was so upset to say the least. So I tried a last ditch effort and call the general ped office, talked with the nurse, she was sorry to say that there access to the All Children's website would be down until Monday afternoon.

So you know I'm going to be calling bright and early Monday to get some answers.. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing he does have the mitochondrial related congenital myopathy since the nurse was so adamant she had to the Dr before giving me the results..

And so the wait continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment