Friday, May 20, 2011

nephrology appointment

Today we seen the nephrologist to see if they could give us an answer as to why Gabriel has been urinating white sediment. Over the past 3 months or so it has become very apparent. I have been finding white stuff dried to his skin when I change his diaper. He does this several times a week. Sometimes its so much I can flake it off his skin. I saved some to show the dr.
She told me that sometimes this can be normal to urinate crystals, but she would need to analyze his urine to see if this is crystals or stones or uric acid.. So she sent us home with an urine collection kit, I will collect Sunday night then send to the lab Monday. We will also be sending the white stuff I collected off his skin. She said the results would take about a week, but believe me I will not be holding my breath. According to what she finds will determine the next step, which would probably be a renal ultrasound.
I'll try to keep posting as new results come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment